Trampolines are a great option for fun and useful pastime for both children and adults. And if at first it may seem that this is a completely universal and identical shell in all modifications, differing only in size, then this is not so. The weight and total number of participants, the type of cover, the presence of a protective net and the number of springs - all these and many other factors affect the choice of trampoline. In this article, we will tell you how not to get confused in the wide selection of such trampolines.
On this sports equipment, you can perform various tricks (jumps, somersaults), use the trampoline as an arena for games or training. In addition to being active and having fun, the trampoline strengthens the muscles of the legs and arms, improves the coordination of movements and helps to master the elements of gymnastics.
While on the trampoline (playing or training) you can:
- Start the process of producing endorphins, which will raise your mood
- Improve the health of the heart, circulatory system and the whole body
- weight loss
- Removal of toxins and harmful substances from the body
- You train different muscle groups - from legs, arms and buttocks to abs and back muscles
- Improve endurance, coordination
- Development of the vestibular apparatus.
In addition to the entertainment function, the trampoline is actively used for training - it is not for nothing that trampoline arenas, where fitness trainers conduct classes, have become especially popular recently. But you can do it at home too. How tempting the numbers are: 8 minutes on the trampoline is equivalent to a 3 km run, and a third of an hour of jumping replaces 60 minutes of step training. At the same time, fatigue is pleasant, the surge of strength and energy is noticeable.
Trampoline construction consists of fabric or mesh stretched tightly and tightly over a frame or air cushion. This form allows the trampoline to withstand significant dynamic loads. Jumping and other movements are possible thanks to the springs - from one end they are fixed to the frame (attachment points are support arcs or legs), from the other end they are attached to the floor. Some trampoline models are equipped with a protective net on the shelves. The springs are covered with several layers of foam rubber mats and upholstery fabric.
A standard trampoline consists of:
- Round frame and legs-stands
- A spring block located along the perimeter of the simulator
- Protective mats and pads
- Shelves and grids
Design, size, purpose - the main criteria for dividing the trampoline into groups.
A large group of frame products includes various types of trampolines, which are united by one design - fabric or mesh is stretched over a reliable frame. There are indoor and outdoor, toy and sports, mini-trampolines.
Theoretically, if the area of the room allows, any trampoline design can be installed in a house or apartment. However, the obstacle here will be the height of the ceiling. Classic trampolines with a height of 70-90 cm will not work - there is a big risk of hitting your head on the ceiling. To avoid such a problem, manufacturers began to produce versions of trampolines with 20-30 cm legs. While maintaining the standard spring block, the amplitude in terms of hanging depth remains the same as that of the classic trampoline models, but the child will be completely safe, because it simply will not reach the ceiling.
Such trampolines with or without a net are chosen for home fitness, for installation in children's rooms in apartments, houses, cottages, as well as in kindergartens.
- Optimal design height for low ceilings.
- Spring properties are not inferior to street trampoline models.
- Wide mats on springs, strong thick legs.
- You don't need a ladder to climb because of the low leg height.
- Compact and smooth movement.
- Limited maximum load.
- Some models of this type are equipped with a protective net.
The height of the street trampoline is greater - from 60 to 90 cm - and you can enter the playground using a special ladder (included in the set or purchased separately). In order not to fly off the trampoline, they are generally equipped with racks on which a net is attached to the edge of the arena.
Street trampolines are installed in children's areas of large shopping centers, in the areas adjacent to cottages and cottages. Also, some manufacturers make trampoline models for athletes - they allow you to practice various tricks.
- Freedom of choice in diameter.
- Suitable for children and adults.
- Durable materials for making insulation, frames and other structural elements.
- Protective shelves and net - additional safety.
- Models with different number of springs - you can choose the right one for the jumping properties.
- More expensive than indoor trampoline models.
- Installation takes some time.
- Additional costs include the purchase of a ladder, which is not always included.
Toy and sports trampolines
Toy trampolines are made for children, designed for low jumps. Among the advantages - comfort, safety, low price. Among the shortcomings - small indicators of jumping ability.
Sports trampolines are used as an arena for training at home, on the street, in the gym, as well as for athletes to perform tricks. In the first case, they are called amateur - they can withstand the load of several people at the same time. In the second case, they are called professionals and are made with a fabric mesh stretched over a rectangular frame. High strength and jumping ability allow the athlete to jump 10 meters high.
How to choose trampolines: criteria
There are several criteria to consider before choosing a trampoline for your home or other indoor/outdoor area.
The diameter of the jump area
It depends on the convenience of classes or games. The size range of the jumping zone is from 100 to 450 centimeters. Accordingly, as the size of this parameter increases, the capabilities of the trampoline increase. While smaller trampolines are good for jumping and bouncing, the average one can accommodate several children or adults, a larger trampoline can have room for ball games, chases, and full-on workouts for several adults.
- The diameter of the trampoline for one child's sports and games can be 122-150 centimeters.
- If you plan to play or train two children, the diameter of the trampoline is 244-270 centimeters - even when they jump at the same time, they will not collide.
- In order for both children and adults to be free on the trampoline, explore trampoline models with a diameter of 330 to 450 centimeters.
Room trampoline options are located indoors, and therefore the choice of material is wide, because it does not suffer from rain, wind. What can not be said about trampolines with an external frame: here it is important to look for a material that allows water to pass into the jumping area (for example, Permatron), repels moisture on the springs, protects them from corrosion.
All trampolines have a load limit - neglecting this indicator will cause damage to the material. There is no need to hope for repairs, because the seams of the sewn cover will quickly dissipate. Therefore, before buying a trampoline, calculate this value, which can vary from 50 to 220 kg.
- For an adolescent child who will be alone on the trampoline, the minimum figure is sufficient.
- In order for two children to have fun without any problems, choose options with a maximum load of 110-130 kg, three - about 190 kg.
- For the work of both adults and children, it is worth stopping at an indicator of 200-220 kg.
Frame trampoline models are equipped with a net that protects against falling out of the shell, quickly returning the jumper to its original position. Here are the recommendations:
- For children 3-8 years old, a net should be purchased and installed - young jumpers cannot calculate the trajectory of the jump and be in control of the game, so choosing a safety-dispensing trampoline will protect against such dangers as injury and allow an adult not to catch the child with every wrong jump.
- At a more conscious age, children already understand that they need to get closer to the center, so buying a net is a parental choice here.
- If the trampoline is purchased not for a private user, but for installation in a kindergarten, shopping center, then due to safety and great responsibility, it is necessary to install a net.
Number of springs
Relevant for frame options - the number of springs is directly proportional to the throw force. In total, there are 34 to 108 in non-professional trampolines.
- For children aged 3-6 years, a jump of 5-10 centimeters is enough - this is 34-54 springs.
- In order for a 7-12-year-old child to learn to roll and do various tricks on a trampoline, choose the number of elements from 64 to 70.
- For a flight up to 1-1.5 meters, the springs should be from 96 and more.
Thickness of protective mats
Despite the fact that the main load falls on the canvas, if the trajectory is calculated incorrectly, you can land on the block with springs. They are protected by special mats.
- For children and athletes, mats of 14-18 mm are sufficient. The material of the protective layer is polyethylene foam/foam rubber.
- For playing and normal jumping - 10-12 mm. Material - polypropylene.
Number of shelves
The protective net is attached to the shelves, which are attached to the supporting legs. Racks that are higher than the trampoline itself can be 4-10. As a rule, this number is directly proportional to the weight and number of users of the trampoline at one time.
- One child - 4-6 shelves.
- Two users - 8 shelves.
- A group of 3-5 children - 10 shelves
Since the canvas of frame trampoline models is stretched over a metal frame, care must be taken not to deform the metal.
- For 1 child - a frame made of pipe with a wall thickness of 1.2 mm.
- For 2-3 children - 1.5 mm.
- Sports options, models for adults - 1.8-2 mm.
Equipment with stairs
The height of the trampoline and the height of the user will determine whether a ladder is needed, as its main function is to help him climb the trampoline.
- In public places (kindergartens, shopping centers), a ladder is needed to install the shells, as the height of users may be different.
- Steps are not required if the height of the trampoline is 60 cm, the child is 120 cm, as well as for indoor trampoline models that do not exceed 30-40 cm.
- Outdoor models 80 cm or more in height require a ladder for ease of operation.
Summary of Trampoline Settings
One child, room. A room version with a diameter of 122 to 140 centimeters is quite enough, in which the maximum weight of the user is 30-70 kg, depending on the age of the child, the number of springs does not exceed 40 pieces and height. The legs are 40 centimeters. A protective net is not required, the thickness of the carpet is 8 mm, the metal of the frame is 1.2 mm.
Trampoline DFC JUMP STREET 10FT-JST-E Trampoline with protective net is equipped with a reinforced frame with double-sided polymer coating and tube thickness 1.5 mm, diameter 38 mm. The maximum load of the projectile is 150 kg, the diameter is 305 cm. This allows 2-4 children or even children with adults to be on the trampoline at the same time. The height of the legs of the product is 76 cm, which requires the additional purchase of a ladder (not included). The safety net is made of reliable nylon and therefore easily ensures a safe landing, even if it is not on the intended trajectory.
The whole family, street. In this case, choose a trampoline whose diameter is from 400 cm, the thickness of the carpet is 15 mm, there are 10 shelves with a protective net and about 100 springs. In this case, the thickness of the frame metal should be 1.5 mm, and the maximum user load should be 200 kg. A ladder is needed, Permatron is the optimal material for the workplace.
Now you know how to choose a trampoline for both the child and the whole family for different purposes. This detailed instruction will allow you not to spend money on unnecessary options and buy a product that is most suitable for its purpose, dimensions, installation location and other design features.
It depends on your geographical location.
Tbilisi: within 1-3 working days from the order;
Regions: within 3-5 working days from the order.
Call us at our number (number) or leave your contact information in the appropriate field and our operators will help you.
All items have warranty conditions in the description, in case of such conditions, contact us on the hotline (number) for additional information.
We offer free delivery throughout Georgia.
Yes, it is possible to order on the website. You can choose the desired item and get it without leaving home. Shipping is free.
All items are accompanied by a real photo of the product, because it is important for us that the customer is sure of what he is buying, which increases reliability accordingly.
Our operator team is distinguished by high efficiency, which means that our goal is to contact you as soon as possible and provide you with the desired information. For more information, you can contact us at (number)
In case of hand purchase, payment is made after delivery of the item to the courier.
Products can be returned: In the event of a factory fault and/or damage to the product
Do you have additional questions?
If there are issues we can help you with, please contact us using your preferred contact form: