In order to conveniently store the shoes of all family members, which are usually dozens of shoes, boots of different sizes and seasonal sneakers, a specially designated place is needed. In small apartments, this task becomes a real problem. A shoe rack will help you solve the problem, the functionality of which is difficult to overestimate.
You can buy a shoe rack in a specialized shopping center - a variety of shoe rack models, colors and designs allow you to choose an option for any need. If you wish, you can create a shoe rack with your own hands, which also has advantages - a finished product with a unique design and saving the family budget.
Purpose and types of shoe rack
The shoe rack is an open or closed, folding or stationary design, designed for convenient storage of shoes. At the same time, the design can be any, but versatility and compactness are mandatory characteristics of a shoe rack. All housewives will appreciate the convenience of shoe racks. They play an important role in eliminating clutter, freeing up living space and allowing you to properly organize shoes and boots, sandals and sneakers, grouping them in the right order. These interior items are also convenient for everyday shoes, which, as a rule, cannot be cleaned immediately after the street. Thanks to the rack, the dirt will not fall on the floor and will not move around the apartment.
Another purpose of shoe racks in small apartments is to save space. The sizes and shapes of these shoe racks range from compact to quite bulky. Thanks to such variety, each customer will be able to choose the ideal option for his home. In addition, a well-chosen shoe rack model can become a real decoration of the hall.
The design of the shoe rack is not limited to a few options. The shape and design features of the shoe rack can be classic and unusual, fully in line with the Art Nouveau direction. In everyday life, the following types are most common:
- the floor
- the wall
- shelf of chairs
Each apartment owner decides for himself which form to choose, taking into account the size of the room and the required functionality. In any case, before buying, you should carefully study the characteristics of each type.
This is the most popular type of shoe rack in the hallway. The products are presented in the form of a variety of designs, with completely different styles. Such shoe rack models are installed directly on the floor. Freestanding shoe racks are easily moved from place to place. Also, quite often there is a shoe stand together with a wardrobe. Floor systems can be used to store seasonal pairs of shoes that are not worn for a long time, or for specialized shoes such as dress shoes that are worn on special occasions.
In order to make the most functional use of high-floor shoe racks, it is recommended to remove the seasonal pair above, where they will not interfere, and below you can place everyday items.
The floor structure can be equipped with a drawer, which helps to remove shoes quickly and easily. It is no less convenient to use thin shoe racks with a folding door system. Their device is different in that the shelf itself is attached to the door with rotating hinges. Shoe rack models come in various configurations: hanging, sliding, folding, with or without doors. Flooring products can be used in both large and small rooms.
One option for shoe racks for small rooms is the wall. These are small narrow shoe racks for storing different pairs of shoes. They can be hung on the wall at any height. Such a design can be independent or combined with a hanger or shelf. There are models of shoe racks that are harmoniously combined with a chair or armchair. The production material can be metal, plastic, wood.
The design is most often classic - in the form of a narrow shoe rack, but there are also quite unusual shoe rack models - vertical, wavy, where a separate cell is provided for each pair of shoes, for example, like Nest. In addition, modern manufacturers offer plastic holding racks, but they are more suitable for indoor or summer shoes - flip flops, ballet flats, low-speed sandals.
The disadvantage of any wall-mounted shoe rack design is that such a shoe rack is quite narrow, so it is not suitable for general shoes.
A similar shoe rack is ideal for those who like to wear comfortable shoes. The design is different in that there is a seat on top of such a shoe rack, which can be soft or hard. The model can be supplemented with a backrest, a bedside table for small items or a hanger. As a rule, shoe racks with chairs do not have doors and shoes are stored in the open. Thanks to this, constantly wearing sports shoes, sandals or boots are ventilated and dry. The dimensions of such shoe racks are small - it easily fits into a small corridor in a square meter. But we must take into account that such a design does not fit many shoes.
An interesting design solution will be a chair-shaped shoe rack with a removable fabric cover that will protect shoes from dust. If desired, it can be removed and washed.
The rack structure is similar to the previous variety, but differs in size. The hanger of such shoes is usually quite high, which allows you to fit many shoes. The upper part of the shelf can be used as a place to store gloves, hats and other small items. The structures are:
- Open - provides quick access to the desired pair;
- Closed - doors prevent dust from entering.
In addition, similar shoe racks inside can be equipped with horizontal shelves or individual cells designed for one pair of shoes. The number of tiers can vary from two to three to ten. In terms of depth, any shelf is quite narrow, so it does not take up much space.
Shoe rack design
In order for the interior of the room to correspond to one style direction, all the furniture should be decorated in the same style. Manufacturers offer many options for shoe racks that are part of the hallway set, which allows you to maintain the unity of style. At the same time, no less models can be purchased separately:
- The most common option is the classic style. Models of shoe racks are made of traditional materials, mainly wood. Often they are decorated with carved patterns, decorative shapes, interesting ornaments. Such shelves are most often of the closed type, their dimensions are quite impressive, so they may not fit into a small room. Very often, in the classic style, models of a shoe rack with a seat are made in the corridor, the upholstery of which is made of natural materials: taffeta, leather, satin. The colors of the furniture are calm, and floral ornaments, cages or stripes can be used on textile elements.
- High-tech style is characteristic of modern active lifestyle. Metal, glass, plastic are the main materials for making shoe racks corresponding to this direction. The shapes of shoe racks are simple and concise, and the main requirement is practicality. The design of the shoe racks is minimalistic. There are no pretentious decor elements, so the products are perfect for small spaces. The winning solution will be a tall and narrow metal structure with glossy doors. The color scheme is neutral. Colors can be beige, white, gray, black, but the most characteristic color for high-tech style is metallic.
- The style used in the rustic interior is called Provence. The main material of production is wood. A back seat can be added to the design of such shoe racks, as well as hangers for outerwear. Woven shoe boxes look elegant. When decorating furniture, wood patterns or shades of aged wood are used. A characteristic feature of Provence style is the imitation of scratches on the surface of products. Seat covers can be lavender, turquoise, brown, green.
- Country style shoe rack is made of wood, the main requirement is to use natural material. This style of shoe rack is rugged in appearance, with a rough surface and curved lines. This style is characterized by "carelessly" knocked shoe racks without doors or voluminous drawers with open doors. Metal handles are used, but without gloss and pretentiousness. The furniture is decorated in wood tones, although this style also allows the use of bright colors.
Buy a shoe rack with the desired designShoe rack/hanger
It depends on your geographical location.
Tbilisi: within 1-3 working days from the order;
Regions: within 3-5 working days from the order.
Call us at our number (number) or leave your contact information in the appropriate field and our operators will help you.
All items have warranty conditions in the description, in case of such conditions, contact us on the hotline (number) for additional information.
We offer free delivery throughout Georgia.
Yes, it is possible to order on the website. You can choose the desired item and get it without leaving home. Shipping is free.
All items are accompanied by a real photo of the product, because it is important for us that the customer is sure of what he is buying, which increases reliability accordingly.
Our operator team is distinguished by high efficiency, which means that our goal is to contact you as soon as possible and provide you with the desired information. For more information, you can contact us at (number)
In case of hand purchase, payment is made after delivery of the item to the courier.
Products can be returned: In the event of a factory fault and/or damage to the product
Do you have additional questions?
If there are issues we can help you with, please contact us using your preferred contact form: