Among the huge selection of different lamps, the table lamp is an indispensable attribute, without which it is impossible to be neither at home nor in the office. This magnificent descendant of the table lamp can have both a practical and a decorative function. The choice of table lamp depends on the purpose for which it is purchased.
Types of table lamps
The advantages of table lamps are mobility, a variety of colors and shapes, the ability to focus light on the desired object and versatility. These table lamps can vary according to their purpose, type of attachment and type of light source.
Table lamps are divided into two parts according to their purpose:
Office desk lamps and interior lamps.
Office desk lamp
Office desk lamps create a comfortable working atmosphere by illuminating the workplace with soft, dim light. They complement the main light emitted by the ceiling lamp. Health and productivity depend on the right desk lighting. Therefore, special requirements are imposed on office lighting. First of all, the intensity of lighting.
On average, this value is 300-500 lux, which corresponds to a 40-watt incandescent lamp. However, if you have a large desk or it has a dark surface, then you need a brighter lamp. The quality of light is affected not only by the brightness, but also by the design features of the lighting device - ceiling, manufacturing material. So, the ceiling is best cone-shaped, and the production material is plastic or metal.
The disadvantage of plastic is that it can deform during long-term use. The metal can get very hot. Office lamps have a simple design and discreet coloring so that nothing distracts from the work.
Much more interesting are the interior lamps, which are designed not only to create additional lighting, but also to decorate the interior. And here it is also important to understand what function it will perform: whether it will be only a source of local lighting or part of the design composition and act as an independent element of the interior. The sizes, shapes, and materials of the interior lamps are amazing and there is no doubt that you will definitely find the right one in this variety.
Table lamps are divided according to the type of attachment:
- The table lamp installed on the stand is known to everyone. It is mounted on a flat base that often contains a switch. In the office version, the leg of the lamp can be flexible or articulated to control the direction of the light. The table lamp is placed on the surface, so you need to allocate a place for it. This is not always convenient when it comes to the desktop.
- The clip-on table lamp is fixed on the table surface and does not require additional space. This option is most often used specifically for office models. But they can also be used in creating a modern interior.
- On the holder - the most reliable fastening. It is also universal, because it can be fixed not only on the table, but also on the window sill, on the back of the chair, where additional lighting is needed at the moment. has a movable leg.
The last two mounting options are ideal for office lamps, as they securely fasten the lamp and do not take up space on the desk.
- Incandescent lamps, their improved version - halogen. They have common disadvantages: high level of energy consumption with low efficiency. They get very hot during operation, most of the received energy is spent not on lighting, but on heating the lamp itself. It's not convenient or safe. They have a limited service life. Perhaps their only advantage is the low price.
- Fluorescent lamps are more economical, have a longer service life and have a large color spectrum. This list of advantages can be safely limited, but the disadvantages are very important: they contain mercury, shine with an unnatural light for the eyes, flicker and buzz. Not the best option for table lamps.
- LED lamps today are incomparable in terms of their consumer characteristics. They consume little energy with high efficiency, emit a comfortable light for the eyes, do not heat up, which makes their scope practically unlimited, and the high price is compensated by a long service life.
Each lamp, in addition to power, must have luminous flux strength, which is measured in lumens, it shows how much light it emits per square meter of area, as well as the degree of protection against dust and moisture. This indicator is marked as IP and two numbers next to it, the first of which indicates the level of protection against dust (0 to 6), the second - against moisture (0 to 8). The higher the number, the higher the protection.
Table lamps for work and study
If our task is to buy a desk lamp for work, then in addition to the above-mentioned lighting intensity requirements, an equally important characteristic is the color rendering index, that is, how comfortable the light of the lamp is for the eyes and the temperature of the light. For the workplace, it is better to choose neutral or cold shades - they strengthen and prepare you for work, and warm light relaxes.
The type of attachment of the work lamp, as already mentioned, is a clamp. The leg is movable, flexible, which allows you to change the angle of the table lamp and rotate it 360 degrees. These features are provided by the rotating mechanism on the leg, which can be articulated or simply flexible. It is also important to be able to adjust the height of the lamp.
Plafond-diffuser - metal or plastic (provided that the plastic is of high quality, does not deform from heating), cone-shaped, which provides maximum illumination. Buy a desk lamp based on the size of your desktop. The larger the surface, the brighter the lamp it needs. The optimal power of a table lamp is 60 W for an incandescent lamp, 15-16 W for a fluorescent lamp and 8-10 W for an LED lamp. LED lamp is perfect in every way. It emits the right light, does not get hot and does not burn.
The right choice of table lamp is not an exhaustive indicator for organizing the workplace. It still needs to be positioned correctly. The correct location of the light source is determined by the height of the person, the type and power of the lamp, the size and shape of the ceiling. The brighter the light source, the higher it should be placed above the work surface. The upper bar of its installation is not higher than eye level. We set the desk lamp so that the light falls to the left if you write with your right hand, or to the right if you use your left.
Table lamp as part of the interior
If for the office desk lamp its practical functions are important, then for the interior lamp it is decorative. Therefore, when starting to talk about this type of table lamps, we will pay attention to the style and character of the room, which they are intended to illuminate.
Let's start with the bedroom, this kingdom of Morpheus, where everything should be conducive to peace first of all. A table lamp is usually placed on the bedside table and serves mainly for reading or as a night light. Therefore, it is good if it is with brightness control: for reading you need a brighter light, for a night lamp it should be dimmed. The lamp should shine with a soft light and not blind the eyes. Therefore, either a fabric lampshade or a matte shade is most preferable. Do not buy a table lamp with a high leg. Firstly, it is unlikely to look good on a small bedside table, and secondly, the halo of lighting in the bedroom should be minimal, enough only for reading.
When choosing a lamp for the living room, you need to decide its location and how many of them should be in the interior. The table lamp participates in the creation of a common symphony of light, and its sound should be harmonious. Of course, it can be brighter than the bedroom model, and its appearance is determined by the style of the room. To choose a place for him, determine the height at which he will be, as well as the distance from the sofa, armchair, wall.
We look at how it matches the style and decor of the room. Ergonomics require that the table lamp shade be at eye level, then it will not shine. In general, special attention is paid to the lampshade, because it is responsible for the appearance of the lamp and its style. Note that the narrower the lampshade, the smaller the area that the lamp illuminates. Pay attention to the details: what type of lamps are used, whether the lampshade can be changed. The living room table lamp is designed to complement the decor, create mood and light accents, provide lighting at several levels and create a unique light composition. It can be combined with the rest of the decor, or it can be in contrast, creating a spectacular accent in the interior.
Table lamp for children's room
Children's room table lamps require special attention. Its functions are different at different ages of the child. For a very small child, it serves as a night light and promotes comfortable sleep, for an older child, it is needed during drawing, construction or sculpting. When doing homework, a student cannot do without a desk lamp. It is clear that in each case a different intensity of illumination is required. The following requirements are imposed on the table lamp in the child's room:
- It should not be too bright.
- It should emit a uniform soft light, as close as possible to natural.
- The type of fastening of the lamp should exclude its falling, therefore, it is a bracket or a holder.
- It is better not to use incandescent and halogen lamps: they get very hot and the child can get burned. The best choice is LED.
Depending on the design, it is better to use a transformative lamp with adjustable height, tilt level and light direction. Lamp ceiling lamps are closed type, no flashing and bright colors. According to ophthalmologists, the most comfortable light for a child is green. It has a positive effect on both vision and the nervous system. The table lamp illuminates a comfortable living environment for the little one with green light.
Style of table lamps
- Loft - table lamps stand out for their simple design and deliberate roughness of the texture. It has strict forms without decoration. Production material - metal, glass, wood. A lampshade or ceiling may be completely absent.
- Provence - somewhat the opposite of the loft style. Purposeful industrialism contrasts with the romance of rural landscapes. There can be floral motifs in the design, the lampshade is usually fabric, the table lamp itself is made of natural materials, most often wood.
- Ethno-style - there are national motifs in the design - Asian, European, American, African - the style is very diverse and the table lamp can be recognized by emphasized ethnic motifs.
- Eco-style - echoes the Provence style. He also likes natural materials and floral and plant motifs, which in this case can be more clearly indicated.
- Scandinavian style - it also has the asceticism of minimalism. A Scandinavian style table lamp is usually wooden, with minimal processing and a simple shape.
That's all we wanted to say about the rules for selecting and installing table lamps. We hope that our article will be useful and not too difficult to remember. If you decide to buy a similar table lamp at the online store rcheuli.ge, then qualified consultants will be happy to answer all your questions. They will help you choose a table lamp according to your requirements and wishes.
Buy selected table lamps with discounts, online installments and take advantage of the delivery service.
It depends on your geographical location.
Tbilisi: within 1-3 working days from the order;
Regions: within 3-5 working days from the order.
Call us at our number (number) or leave your contact information in the appropriate field and our operators will help you.
All items have warranty conditions in the description, in case of such conditions, contact us on the hotline (number) for additional information.
We offer free delivery throughout Georgia.
Yes, it is possible to order on the website. You can choose the desired item and get it without leaving home. Shipping is free.
All items are accompanied by a real photo of the product, because it is important for us that the customer is sure of what he is buying, which increases reliability accordingly.
Our operator team is distinguished by high efficiency, which means that our goal is to contact you as soon as possible and provide you with the desired information. For more information, you can contact us at (number)
In case of hand purchase, payment is made after delivery of the item to the courier.
Products can be returned: In the event of a factory fault and/or damage to the product
Do you have additional questions?
If there are issues we can help you with, please contact us using your preferred contact form: