If you live in a private house or own a country house with a garden plot, then you probably pay a lot of attention to greenery. Indeed, after a working day, you really want to relax in the fresh air, enjoy the silence - and the garden swing is a real find for that.
To choose peace of mind, you need to understand that garden swings are very different from what you are used to seeing on playgrounds. Before you buy a garden swing, you should familiarize yourself with some features so that you don't have any problems during your vacation in the future.
Types of swings and their characteristics
For adults, swings are relaxation. For children, they are a means of entertainment. Based on this, swings can be divided into several types:
- Children's swing. They are light, most often intended for one person. Children do not want to swing quietly in the sun, amplitude and speed are important for them. In this case, you should pay attention to the safety of the child when choosing a swing. Rigid metal or wooden structures are safer than rope structures. Limits must be installed on the swing to prevent strong swing and prevent the "sun" from turning. Make sure that there are safety straps on the seats that will not allow the small child to fall out while walking.
- Garden swing. Comfortable and soft hanging sofas that can withstand heavy loads. You can relax on such a swing with the whole company or sleep in the silence of your own garden. Some models of garden swings have decorative canopies for protection from the sun, and the swing itself is made of attractive materials to decorate the garden.
- Hammock swing. Designed for comfortable relaxation on a sunbed. In most cases, they allow you to swing left and right, unlike a classic swing.
Frame material - safety
When choosing a garden swing, decide on the frame material. All types have their advantages and disadvantages, which balance the price/quality/attractiveness ratio.
Plastic frames are the most budgetary and light. It is convenient for transportation, they are not afraid of water and do not lose their appearance due to the weather. Such a frame does not suffer from microorganisms, but it has a number of disadvantages. For example, not all types of plastic are resistant to frost, and the strength of swings on a plastic frame is inferior to wooden and metal swings.
Wood frames look solid, giving a more natural look to your backyard, and whole wood feels nicer to the touch and doesn't heat up as much in the sun. In contrast, we can say that wooden frames are still not as strong as metal, they really do not like moisture, even with a special waterproof coating.
Metal frames are the strongest and most durable. They stand firmly on the ground, are not afraid of the load, and if you are worried that the metal may look unpresentable, then pay attention to the models of decorative garden swings, which are sometimes decorated with handmade embossing.
Modern swings on a metal frame designed for three people can withstand a mass of up to 320 kilograms. In this case, it is worth paying attention to the diameter of the pipes of the bearing supports of the swings. The larger it is, the heavier and stronger the frame will be. A heavy structure is more difficult to move on the ground, but the chances of it being moved by swinging are less
The swing support is one of the main elements of the frame that gives the swing stability. Imagine the place where the swing will be placed, the supports are also chosen accordingly.
Supports in the form of ordinary legs - found in more budget swing garden swing models. These swings are best placed on hard surfaces such as concrete or paving slabs. When placed on soft ground, the legs will gradually get stuck in it and the swing will lose stability, which threatens to tip or at least cause discomfort when swinging.
The supports in the form of massive metal arcs are on the advanced swing, thanks to this design, the swing stands securely on any surface and distributes the load. To prevent such arcs from knocking on the stone pavement, plastic supports are installed on them, which are also anti-tilting protection.
Garden swing seat design
The seats in the garden swing are comfortable couches or seats, on which it is convenient not only to sit, but also to lie down. When choosing a swing, it is worth studying the design in detail - two types of materials are used for the bottom of the seats: fabric and metal mesh.
- Fabric-based seats are inherent in budget garden swing models, do not like moisture and are not designed for heavy loads. Over time, they may become unusable.
- The steel woven mesh in the seats is almost eternal and does not lose its shape. It holds any mass well, but there are certain nuances in its use. For example, when buying a swing, make sure that the set includes a special pad that fits between the mesh and the sofa seats, especially if they are not firm.
Without a support, sofa covers can easily slide over the mesh elements. Also, the lining will save the hand that accidentally slipped between the seat cushions.
Materials for pillows and backs, covers
Various materials are used as soft elements of sofas. In budget seats and backrests, these are fragments of foam rubber that can lose their shape over time. It is better if a dense sheet of foam rubber covered with fabric acts as a filler. It retains its original appearance longer and can be easily changed.
Make sure the seat covers can be removed so you can wash them without having to clean them with normal clothes. In some garden swing models, the cushions have two working surfaces. This means that if one side of the lining has lost its presentable appearance, it can simply be turned over to the other side and used as a new one.
Modern garden swings are suspended using several powerful steel springs, each of which can withstand a mass of several hundred kilograms. The springs make it pleasant to sit on the sofa and do not make unpleasant sounds while rocking.
However, there is still a chance to meet models of garden swings on a rigid basis, where ordinary loops are used as rock elements. You should not interfere with such - over time, they will definitely start making an unpleasant sound.
Possibility of folding the seats.
There are two types of rocking chairs:
- to fold
Fixed sofas are fixed on a welded frame, and the angle of inclination of the seats is impossible in this case. Such swing models are more budget-friendly.
Garden swing with a folding back - In advanced swings, the back either fully reclines or has a tilt adjustment mechanism, which is even more convenient. With a couple of movements, you can turn such a sofa into a full-fledged double bed, on which you can stretch to its full height.
Some garden swings are equipped with an additional locking mechanism. To stop the oscillation, it is enough to fix them on the side stand with a special lock. When choosing, you should pay attention to the rule: the simpler the mechanism, the more reliable and budget-friendly its repair. A simple chain can be more efficient than a complex linkage device like that found in automobiles.
For maximum comfort, the garden swing provides additional options that are not present in all garden swing models. Check the most convenient for you, after which you can continue with the choice:
Special tables - mounted on the side bars and arms of some swings. It is convenient to put magazines, often in such garden swings there are recesses for cups.
The arms themselves can be metal or covered with soft fabric padding. In this case, you do not run the risk of burning, relying on a support heated by the summer sun.
Awning from the sun - almost all garden swings are equipped. When buying, pay attention to one nuance: the lighter the swing, the more willingly the awning will play the role of a sail that carries the entire structure along the site. The ability to easily remove the awnings in windy weather will be an undoubted plus, otherwise it is better to take a heavier swing. Also make sure the canvas is waterproof.
Rain Cape - Comes with many garden swings. It can quickly cover your lounge area from sudden rain, it will protect the swings from corrosion and the upholstery of the seats from moisture damage, and sitting on a wet sofa is not so pleasant.
Mosquito nets for garden swings are simply a necessary accessory for outdoor recreation to prevent blood-sucking insects from eating you. Indicate the presence of such a net for the swing set. If it is not provided by the manufacturer, it is better to buy it immediately.
Criteria for choosing a swing
The garden swing is one of the most popular attributes when we are relaxing outdoors, so you should carefully consider the criteria for choosing it, so that your rest on the garden swing is cozy and comfortable.
- It is better to buy a triple garden swing based on a metal frame with a support section of at least 40 mm, ideally 60 mm. Supports in the form of legs are not reliable, make a choice in favor of a massive arc - they can be placed on any surface without losing stability.
- Preference should be given to frames painted with special polymer paint. It is pleasant to the touch and the material does not corrode.
- As a suspension mechanism, simple springs are best suited. The maximum load should be calculated at least 95 kg per person as a rule, so a three-seater swing should withstand at least 280 kg.
- Steel woven mesh is the best material for the seat base. Unlike fabric, it does not deform over the years and it is pleasant to wear under load. There should be a special protective substrate made of polypropylene or other material between the net and the seats.
- As soft padding for seats, hard sheets of foam rubber or other material work best. They are not as deformed as foam rubber scraps and obediently take the shape of the body.
- Seat covers should be removable for easy washing.
- For maximum comfort, you should choose a rocking chair with folding seats and an adjustable backrest angle.
- It is better if the armrests are covered with soft fabric filler, have additional pockets for storing newspapers and magazines, special tables with cup holders will be installed.
- The swing should be equipped with a sun canopy that does not let moisture in and can be easily removed. A rain cover and mosquito net are recommended.
All these features can be clarified with the consultants of our online store rcheuli.ge when choosing a product. With the successful purchase of a garden swing, they will serve you for many years and bring great joy to your loved ones.
It depends on your geographical location.
Tbilisi: within 1-3 working days from the order;
Regions: within 3-5 working days from the order.
Call us at our number (number) or leave your contact information in the appropriate field and our operators will help you.
All items have warranty conditions in the description, in case of such conditions, contact us on the hotline (number) for additional information.
We offer free delivery throughout Georgia.
Yes, it is possible to order on the website. You can choose the desired item and get it without leaving home. Shipping is free.
All items are accompanied by a real photo of the product, because it is important for us that the customer is sure of what he is buying, which increases reliability accordingly.
Our operator team is distinguished by high efficiency, which means that our goal is to contact you as soon as possible and provide you with the desired information. For more information, you can contact us at (number)
In case of hand purchase, payment is made after delivery of the item to the courier.
Products can be returned: In the event of a factory fault and/or damage to the product
Do you have additional questions?
If there are issues we can help you with, please contact us using your preferred contact form: