When we go to a cafe or restaurant and order slices, fish or meat, they bring beautifully decorated dishes with perfectly even pieces of products, with the help of a professional slicer. But we rarely visit such places with the company, and we usually spend holidays and birthdays at home in a cozy family environment. And any hostess wants the spread table to look no worse than a restaurant with thin original pieces.
Therefore, many women sooner or later face the issue of purchasing a slicer. How to choose this device, which slicer is the best and what features it has, our article will help you with this.
What is a slicer and what is its function?
In order to understand which model is better to buy for home use, you need to find out what slicers are and what kind of functionality they have.
A slicer is a small household device designed to cut different products into plates of the same thickness. It is used to cut sausages, cheese, mushrooms, vegetables and fruits. It is not recommended to cut meat products and vegetables that have bones or are very hard.
Advantages and features of the slicer
- Decide where to install the slicer. If there is somewhere to install the device in a permanent place, it is better to buy a one-piece slicer. It will cost a little less and last much longer. In the event that there is not much space in the kitchen and you need to remove the device, you should buy a folding structure. It will be more expensive, and the strength and durability will be inferior to the whole.
- Pay attention to the power of the slicer. Devices with a power of 80 to 200 watts are most often on sale. A 100-watt indicator slicer is sufficient for home use. The more powerful ones are used at the professional level and you won't feel much difference when using them in your kitchen.
- An important characteristic will be the material of the product body. They are made of plastic and metal. Most often, plastic appliances are used in everyday life, they are cheaper, and material defects such as scratches and low strength are not felt at all when used at home. Metal slicers are more expensive and are manufactured primarily for use in food processing plants. When buying a plastic cutter, make sure the material is strong and won't bend. Otherwise, there is a risk that the case of the device will burst when pressed hard.
- The main part of the work of the slicer is the blade. Therefore, the best manufacturers of popular models install Solingen knives in their equipment. They can be steel or ceramic. There are also devices where the knives are covered with ceramic. You should buy a cutter with self-sharpening blades only.
Types of sharpness:
- directly A relatively inexpensive type of sharpener intended for mainly homogeneous products such as sausage or cheese. Cuts bread and vegetables poorly.
- wavy. It looks more expensive, but easily cuts all kinds of food, thanks to the small curls on the wavy edge of the blade. This option stays sharp longer than straight knives.
- jagged Sharp contoured teeth easily handle heterogeneous products, but their cost is quite high.
Depending on the diameter of the blade, the cutter can cut products of different sizes. Blades with a diameter of up to 230 mm are used for small products, and for large ones from 230 to 300 mm.
In most models of slicers, the thickness of the slice can be changed according to the required size. In household slicers, it is adjustable in the range from 1 to 17 mm, and in professional slicers - from 0.5 to 23 mm. There are devices in which the instructions indicate the recommended thickness of different products, for example, sausage can be cut into 2-3 mm slices, cheese - 3-4 mm and bread - 11 mm.
Different models of slicers have their own set of features, depending on their price.
- Ability to adjust cutting speed. The quality of the obtained slices depends on this function. High speed cuts hard foods such as vegetables and uncooked sausages, while low speed is suitable for slicing soft bread or tomatoes. All professional devices are equipped with this function.
- pulse mode. High-speed cutting changes with short pauses help to better cut dense inhomogeneous products, as well as large volumes that require cutting. This feature prevents blades from breaking.
- blocking. Child protection consists of the presence of a two-button activation system that must be pressed simultaneously. Only an adult can catch it with little effort.
- The inclination is adjustable. Some models of cutters can change the angle of inclination from 10 to 15 degrees, for more convenient work with the device. This feature is not found in all types of slicers.
What additional kits does the slicer include?
When purchasing a device, you can pay attention to additional "kits" that will be useful when using it.
- Place for power cable. Some slicers have a special compartment where the power cord is plugged into. It comes out smooth, without wrinkles, which ensures its durability.
- Tray for cutting. A very convenient device that collects all completed cuts. It is built-in and removable. The second type of pallet is more practical to use.
- protective case. It is necessary to protect the knives from external influences and accidental injuries of the slicer users.
- knives. The presence of different blades, straight and wavy. This will help you save on a more expensive knife by not using it for simple cutting. Some models are equipped with special knives for specific types of products, such as cheese, smoked meat and fruit.
- nozzles. Different nozzles are used for cutting straw into slices or pieces. As a rule, 1-2 nozzles are always used in a course.
- Feet with rubber sole. Rubber feet make the device more stable, prevent tipping and prevent slipping, reducing the risk of injury.
Top quality slicers
In our article, we will offer you the most popular models for home use of slicers, which are available for any segment of the population.
The metal body with its pleasant silver beveled surface gives the impression that you are using a professional instrument. An easy-to-use, all-in-one budget cheese slicer, this model makes the dream of beautifully decorating your table a reality.
- Metal body
- Inclined work surface
- Child lock
- rubber feet.
On our site, Rcheuli.ge, we offer many budget models of slicers that should be in every family kitchen. We hope that our article was useful for you. Considering the advantages and disadvantages of slicers and comparing these parameters with the price will help you make the right choice and exactly what you need. you need
It depends on your geographical location.
Tbilisi: within 1-3 working days from the order;
Regions: within 3-5 working days from the order.
Call us at our number (number) or leave your contact information in the appropriate field and our operators will help you.
All items have warranty conditions in the description, in case of such conditions, contact us on the hotline (number) for additional information.
We offer free delivery throughout Georgia.
Yes, it is possible to order on the website. You can choose the desired item and get it without leaving home. Shipping is free.
All items are accompanied by a real photo of the product, because it is important for us that the customer is sure of what he is buying, which increases reliability accordingly.
Our operator team is distinguished by high efficiency, which means that our goal is to contact you as soon as possible and provide you with the desired information. For more information, you can contact us at (number)
In case of hand purchase, payment is made after delivery of the item to the courier.
Products can be returned: In the event of a factory fault and/or damage to the product
Do you have additional questions?
If there are issues we can help you with, please contact us using your preferred contact form: