Basic criteria for choosing a waffle maker
Waffle maker is a part of everyday life of many families, because with its advantages you can make your breakfast or dinner diverse. Get to know its selection criteria in order to make the right choice when buying.
To choose a waffle maker, you should consider:
- The device type , which is determined by the height of the cells. It depends on what type of wafer can be baked in the device - thin (American) or thick (Viennese and Belgian).
- power. How quickly a waffle maker heats up and how many waffles can be baked per unit of time depends on its cost.
- panel cover. It can be Teflon or ceramic. Each type of waffle maker has its pros and cons. The dough does not stick to Teflon, but scratches easily, while ceramic scratches, but does not impact.
- body material. Not only the weight of the device depends on it, but also how long the waffle maker will last, how easy it will be to maintain the device. Plastic wears out quickly, a device with a metal body will last longer, but it costs more.
- control method. There are models of waffle bakeries with mechanical and electronic controls. Some are equipped with a display or indication, timer or automatic shut-off.
- Additional accessories. Thanks to them, the electric waffle maker will become more functional and easier to use. The set can include: spatula, dough dispenser, interchangeable panels, recipe book, etc.
- brand. The more popular the brand, the higher the chance of choosing a quality device.
Each criterion has its nuances. Let's consider them in more detail.
Type of waffle maker
All devices are arranged in the same way. Two panels of heat-resistant material are hinged to allow them to be opened and closed. The panels have cells into which the dough flows. Tubular heating elements are located under the flaps. They create the right temperature in the cells, as a result of which the dough is baked.
The type of wafer iron is determined by the height of the recesses in the cells. If it is small, then only thin American waffles are baked in such a device. They roll it into a tube and fill it with various contents. Deep cell devices are designed for baking Belgian or Viennese waffles. The first is square or rectangular, the second is heart-shaped. They are fluffier than American ones.
Not only traditionally sweet dishes are baked in the electric waffle iron. You can remove the sugar from the ingredients and add your favorite spices and cheese. These waffles are good for breakfast and go well with avocado, vegetables, fish and meat.
There are also universal models of waffle bakeries - multibaker. Their set includes several removable panels of different heights at the same time. They are much more functional, but their price is also higher. With the help of multicookers, they prepare not only waffles, but also other dishes: omelettes, pancakes, cookies, pizza. The multibaker is also used for grilling vegetables, meat and fish.
The capacity of the bread machine
Equipment power on average from 450 W and above. This function depends on:
- How long will the waffle maker be ready for use after switching on? The higher the power of the electrical device, the faster it heats up.
- How many waffles can be cooked per unit of time. Stronger models bake faster.
Power can be:
- 450 to 700 watts. This is the power of the simplest waffle maker. They do not differ in functionality. Their advantage is low price.
- 750 to 1000 watts. The most popular models are in this power range. These waffles cook faster.
- 1050 to 1500 watts. Devices with such indicators are also made quite quickly. Their panels have increased in size, so they can bake more waffles.
- More than 1500 W. This is the amount of energy for the most dimensional devices. It makes sense to choose them for preparing meals for a large family.
Considering the power, we should not forget: the higher its value, the higher the electricity consumption. If you need the option of daily cooking for three or four people, it is better to buy a medium-range device - it will be enough.
Waffle baking panel features
When choosing waffle iron panels, we recommend paying attention to their coating.
- Teflon. The most common option. Teflon is good because food doesn't burn. It is more convenient to cook on devices with panels with such a coating, because it is easy to turn and remove the wafer. But Teflon is unstable to mechanical stress. To avoid scratches on it, you need to use silicone or wooden spatulas.
- ceramic. In general, such a coating is not inferior to Teflon. The advantage of the material is that it does not leave scratches during mechanical operation. However, ceramics are not without drawbacks: they cannot withstand shocks and sudden changes in temperature. In addition, devices with such a coating are more expensive.
Annels vary in size. It determines how many waffles can be cooked at once. In different models, one to seven baking cells are provided.
Panels also differ in the way they are installed and are:
- built in
The second option is more practical. Removable panels are easy to clean without water getting on the device and ruining it.
When choosing a waffle maker, check its frame. It should have a high-quality assembly - all parts fit tightly and do not strain, there are no scratches.
Frames according to malas can be:
- Plastic . This is an inexpensive option that often does not differ in quality of construction. Plastic is good because it is light. However, the resistance of the material to various types of impact is low. Also, the plastic case wears out quickly.
- Metallic. Cast iron or stainless steel housings are heavier and more expensive. But such materials will last longer.
- Combined . The base is made of stainless steel, and the rest of the parts are made of plastic. Advantages of both materials are considered. Combined devices are not heavy, durable and not too expensive.
There are several ways to control Wafsli bakeries:
In the first case, a special control is placed on the panel. Models with an electronic control option have buttons and a display. Combined devices have all these elements.
Models with a built-in display are more convenient to use. It displays information about the set temperature, and can also indicate the time remaining until the dish is ready. Models with a display are rare and their price is higher.
Reference will be an added advantage. It usually looks like one or two small lights located on top of the housing. There are two types of indicators: one indicates that the waffle maker has heated up and is ready for use, the other indicates that baking is complete. Some devices have a sound signal that indicates the readiness of the wafer. There is also an auto-off feature. It works when the ready indicator is on.
We also recommend that you clarify whether the thermostat is included in the assembly. It will not allow the electric waffle maker to overheat or cool down.
What should you pay attention to before buying a waffle maker?
To purchase a suitable waffle maker, we recommend that you do the following:
- Decide in advance what size the device should be if space in the kitchen is limited. Otherwise, there may not be a suitable place for use and storage.
- Decide what you will prepare. If you are going to bake one type of waffle, then you do not need to consider complex models with additional grill or donut panels.
- Define force. A waffle iron should be enough to handle the preparation of the desired volume of dishes. The optimal figure is from 750 to 1000 watts.
- Make sure the case is made of durable material and has rubber feet. Common options - combined, made of metal and plastic
- Don't skimp on safety. The waffle iron must have a thermal insulation cover, a thermostat and a shutter that fixes the panels. Models with these elements are more expensive, but there is less risk of burns when using them.
In conclusion, I would like to thank you for your attention and express the hope that the provided information was quite useful. Nowadays, store products, in particular waffles, are quite expensive and, besides, they are not always safe for health. We hope that our article will help you to choose the right waffle bakery on our website archevani.ge.
It depends on your geographical location.
Tbilisi: within 1-3 working days from the order;
Regions: within 3-5 working days from the order.
Call us at our number (number) or leave your contact information in the appropriate field and our operators will help you.
All items have warranty conditions in the description, in case of such conditions, contact us on the hotline (number) for additional information.
We offer free delivery throughout Georgia.
Yes, it is possible to order on the website. You can choose the desired item and get it without leaving home. Shipping is free.
All items are accompanied by a real photo of the product, because it is important for us that the customer is sure of what he is buying, which increases reliability accordingly.
Our operator team is distinguished by high efficiency, which means that our goal is to contact you as soon as possible and provide you with the desired information. For more information, you can contact us at (number)
In case of hand purchase, payment is made after delivery of the item to the courier.
Products can be returned: In the event of a factory fault and/or damage to the product
Do you have additional questions?
If there are issues we can help you with, please contact us using your preferred contact form: